Saturday, April 20, 2013

Game Plan

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to provide some additional information based on some questions I've been getting about the trip.  The date of departure is fast approaching.  I will be flying out of Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport on May 4th to Portland, Oregon.  From there I plan to get my feet wet in the Pacific Ocean before starting East.

I will be carrying a pack with all my hiking/camping gear for the journey.  I plan to camp along the way, and on occasion, take shelter with fellow Americans.  I plan to stop at different parishes along the way every weekend for Mass as I go.

Another common question I have been getting is "How long will this trip take you?".  If everything goes as planned it should take 3-6 months to complete.  My goal would be to average 20-30 miles per day.  We'll see how it all plays out.

I will do my best to give live updates and maybe even some pictures to help illustrate the trip.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment