Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Adventure Has Begun!

Hello Everyone,

At last, I flew into Portland, OR last evening.  Already I have had great people of faith help me on my journey.  God has already surprised me on my first day as Shawn and Julianna (friends of my sister-in-law who live near Portland that I didn't even know existed until recently) welcomed me into their home for one more comfortable night's rest and some great conversation. This morning I caught a Greyhound bus ride to the coast to make it official.  I started my journey with a swim in the Pacific Ocean in a little coastal town called Seaside.  Little did I know, it also happens to be where Lewis and Clark ended their journey...  and where I start mine.  Currently, I am walking North toward Astoria for my first leg of the journey.  I have already put some miles behind me on foot (about 20 miles).  The weather has been very warm thus far.  So far, so good.  I will get some more details out soon.  I have checked in on my SPOT tracking device just now.  By clicking on this link you can zoom in to see my progress.  I find that it helps to click on the hybrid version of the map so you can see both road names and landmarks and terrain/satellite images together:

http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0RqaCWQXIjE7D4bXX0MBtk3Xsm7XdnCAL

I am turning in for the night right now and preparing for a big day tomorrow.  I have received some prayer requests that I will be carrying with me tomorrow.

Thanks again for thoughts and prayers,

Over and out

2 comments:

  1. I was both challenged and inspired to hear your story on the plane ride to Oregon Dan. I'll be praying for you and hoping Oregon treats you well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adam,
      It was nice talking with you on the plane ride over to Portland. Thank you for the prayers and I will keep you in mine.
      God bless,
      Dan Reinke

      Delete