Sunday, May 26, 2013

The Million Step Challenge

I just recently surpassed 500 miles and one million footsteps since starting this journey at the Pacific Ocean. During this pilgrimage in this Year of Faith (in the Catholic Church) my faith has been tested along the way.  There were times that I got frustrated and even mad at God, thinking to myself, "Why won't you just help me here!?"  I have always been proven wrong as He has provided everything I would need or desire and then-some.  It has been very humbling as He has always taken care of me.  How have I grown on this trip so far?  I have learned to embrace sacrifice because sacrifice brings me closer to God.

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.  Do not conform yourself to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect.
-Romans 12:1-2

In recent days I have decided to offer the day to God, like walking from Arco to Idaho Falls, Idaho.  That stretch is as barren as you can imagine with nothing but sagebrush for miles.  Not knowing how I would make that 70 mile leg, God provided multiple ride offers and water fill-ups by generous people along the way.  Throughout the trip I have heard people say time and time again, "I hope you grow closer to God and I hope this inspires people."  Well, I want you to take this leap of faith with me.  I challenge you to put your life in His hands and see how He provides.  Feel free to tell your stories below (in the comments).

Here is the latest SPOT tracking beacon link:  http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0RqaCWQXIjE7D4bXX0MBtk3Xsm7XdnCAL




5 comments:

  1. you are covering some serious ground!

    bring a potato from Idaho to D.C.!! i will trade you some clams for it.

    kidding. keep on trucking. every step you take is one step closer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These potatoes are making my backpack heavy. Ha!

      Delete
  2. As a fellow Catholic Christian, I am so happy to read and hear about your adventures. Your genuine love of the Lord helps others to understand the nature of our Church. Thank you.
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan,
    You are walking the road to Emmaus with Jesus hand and hand as he is teaching you step by step. remember how their eyes were open when he gave them the bread of life.
    Peace on Your Journey Jim Hermes of St Peters Church F. L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking in, Jim. Luke 24: 13-35 (the road to Emmaus)! It's a great one to reflect on. Thanks.

      Delete