Monday, June 3, 2013

Unity

One thing that I have been thinking and praying about a lot is unity/ecumenism amongst all Christians.  By now, most of you know that I am Catholic but I want to truly welcome any non-Catholic who has been following this journey with me.  We share common ground in Christ so to me that makes all of us close-knit friends/family.

Pope John Paul II talked often about unity amongst all Christians.  In one of those instances (January 25, 2004) he said:  Therefore, let us never lessen our commitment to pray for unity and to seek it incessantly! Obstacles, difficulties, and even misunderstandings and failures, cannot and must not discourage us, as "confidence in reaching, also in history, the full and visible communion of all Christians" rests not on our human capacities, but on the prayer of our common Lord.

I think that as Christians we have a gift of each other all around, in our towns, schools, places of work, and in every corner of our life.  Like in this pilgrimage, we Christians are all striving for Christ who is Truth.  So let's journey together and without skirmish.

In John 14:6: Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.

Once again, thank you for all the prayers and I will keep praying for all of you.

Here is the latest SPOT tracking beacon locations:   http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0RqaCWQXIjE7D4bXX0MBtk3Xsm7XdnCAL



Here are the latest images of my progress.  Looking at it from different perspectives is pretty interesting.



3 comments:

  1. Dan, you post really hits home. My husband and I are Christians but called to different denominations (I am Catholic, he prefers the Baptist church), currently, and so we feel truly the sadness of the division there is in the Body of Christ, but also feel intensely the prayer Christ prayed in the Garden during his passion, that we would all be "one", and so take joy in the "common ground in Christ" as you say. It is a beautiful journey. Would you mind if I put you on my parish's prayer list? Relevant Radio also has a prayer request line, would you mind if I put you on that too? Peace- Carrie (Cambridge, MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Carrie,
      Welcome and thank you for checking in. You certainly can put me in your prayer requests through your parish and RR. It is much needed and appreciated. God bless you and your husband on your lifes' journeys.
      Thoughts and prayers,
      Dan

      Delete