Wednesday, July 17, 2013

4 Million Step Challenge


Hello All,

As I have recently mentioned I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel...  and it is GREAT!!!  I have just passed over the 4 million footstep mark and about 1,900 miles walked!

I have been issuing little challenges along the way for every million steps walked to anyone who is up to them (the challenge, that is).  These are challenges that I have had during this pilgrimage and encourage others to work in these areas if they also struggle with similar things.  If you have not already read the past ones I encourage you to do so.  Looking back on the trip I have met many amazing people (I would estimate it has been in the thousands) that have gone out of there way to help me out, people being generous with their time, money, and energy.  Each day I am suprised by their kindness.  I have also met many people that have a bad taste in their mouth for Christianity.  Whether it is someone in their family or just an acquaintance.  This really saddens me because they have not had the priveledge to meet a true practicing Christian.  Meeting someone who is truly practicing their faith will change your life in one way or another.  I know because my family and friends were part of the reason I was moved to truly start practicing my Catholic faith.

Anyhow, looking back I think of the way I used to live and how people viewed me as being a Christian.  I would imagine that it did not inspire any of them to want to learn more about Christianity.  In fact, I probably pushed people away from it.  When talking to people that do not see Christ within these Christians, it makes me wonder if people see Christ in me?  Am I bringing people to Christ or farther away from Him.  There are even times in this trip that I wish I could go back and be a better example of what it means to be a Christian.

My simple challenge to you is to think of the way people view your life and how it makes them view Christianity.  Are your a Christ-like light to the world?

You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden.  Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house.  Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.
-Matthew 5:14-16

God bless.

Here are a couple little videos to keep you up to date:

Indiana Heat

 Indiana Humidity

Indiana Fruit

2 comments:

  1. Hello Daniel, your ponderings make me think of Fr Daniel's homily this past weekend where he started it with the question: "Excuse me, are you JESUS?" He went on to tell a story of a blind girl that had someone show her kindness and then she asked the man if he was Jesus. Fr. challenged us to ask ourselves if anyone mistakes us for Jesus. So your ponderings are right on with your home Parish Pastor's homily! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey mom, well that is good to hear! I know i have a long ways to go before someone mistakes me for Jesus, but what a great goal to shoot for!

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete