Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 98!!!

The heavens declare the glory of God;
the firmament proclaims the works of his hands.
-Psalm 19:2

Well, I am literally on the final stretch!  I have so much on the mind I do not even know what to say.  This past week has actually been one of the toughest ones so far, but I have been filled with joy and adrenaline.  It is so close I can smell that salt in the air!

Man have I been blessed on this journey.  I just want to say thank you to everyone who has helped out along the way, in many different ways.  I wanted to get a few pictures up of the kindness these past few days before I have pictures of the 'finish line' (which just so happens to be the Atlantic Ocean).

During this trip I cannot remember how many times I have said "do not fear for Christ is with you".  It has gotten me through a lot of interesting parts of the journey.  I cannot stop smiling at this part in the journey!  I cannot believe it is almost over and oddly enough I think I will kind of miss it, but I cannot wait to see family and friends!  It has been too long.  I plan to hit the beach and ocean around 1pm on Sunday, August 11th.  I plan to hit Virginia Beach and then head north to First Landing State Park for some needed rest and reflection of all the blessings of the journey.  Please continue to pray and keep following until Monday when I should be able to get some of the final pictures and videos and last comments up as I will not be able to get to a library on Sunday.

Here is a quick story from the other day.  I woke up at 2am to try and cram some miles in so that beach would near quicker.  As I walked down Highway 58 there were very few vehicles passing.  I would walk segmants without the headlamp turned on to enjoy the night and the stars.  My eyes would adjust to the low light more than you would think, but this time they did not see an animal soon enough.  I saw movement off to my left in the grass.  As I looked over I instantly said "oh no"...  There was a skunk turning its butt towards me and lifting its tail.  As I paused ready to get sprayed nothing happened so I began to run!  I never did get sprayed but if I had it would not have been the best way to start the morning off.  Thank God for that blessing of the morning.

Bud, Frank, Welton, Joe, and Bill invited me over for coffee and conversation over breakfast in Franklin, VA.  After eating they were kind enough to pay for the meal and coffee at the well known Fred's Restaurant in downtown Franklin.  This was one of the better breakfasts of the trip!


Also, here is the latest Google Earth maps and SPOT tracking beacon link of my location:  http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0RqaCWQXIjE7D4bXX0MBtk3Xsm7XdnCAL

12 miles from where I sleep tonight to the edge of God's great U.S. of A! 






No comments:

Post a Comment